The mobile app MyFieldBook is primarily designed to allow for easy (meta-)data capture and to help register scientific observations and samples from their origin in the field.
The app allows for fast track capturing of standard meta-data (date, time, coordinates) for each record, which can be enriched with more information (e.g. scientific name, sequence data, etc.) lateron or in the lab. It allows for a complete digital workflow from the field to the lab/collection by using QR-codes as unique persistent identifiers.
By a full customizable templates you can enter the any information your want directly in the field even if you are offline.
Most important features are:
- Coordinates via GPS / GSM
- QR code scanning (e.g. for sample containers)
- Customized templates
- Usable even if your offline
- Upload records of your project to a central database
- Record versioning
- Available for Android and iOS devices